- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 750g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 100ml milk
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 mins until starting to soften. Add the mushrooms, increase the heat to high and cook for 10 mins until tender and golden, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min. Remove a large spoonful of the mushrooms and set aside on a plate as garnish.
- Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and blend until smooth using a stick blender.
- Return the soup to the saucepan, add the milk and heat through. Add more water or stock if your soup is very thick. Season to taste and serve in bowls garnished with the reserved mushrooms, a sprinkling of parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.